GO TIME is when we skip "going" to church in order to "be" the church! You can expect them to pop on Sunday morning and in Growth Groups. Here are some of the reasons we do this:
1. It’s what Jesus did and would do if He were physically still among us. We are called to Go & make disciples!
2. It’s a break for people who devote time “within the walls” to be free to go outside the walls, which is where our bigger focus lies.
3. It’s an introduction to evangelism and learning to share your faith daily!
4. It’s a bonding time for the people and reminds us that we are on mission together.
5. It blesses people around us, earning the church a bit of trust for the hearing of the gospel when the door opens.
6.It’s fun. This wasn’t our primary motive, but it was certainly fun!
Guidelines 1. Appoint a leader for the event 2. Plan an event everyone can participate in 3. Keep the participation commitment as low as possible. 4. Keep the cost low 5. Keep it local 6. Keep it on your normal group night
Need ideas for your Growth Groups GO TIME?
Hardcore – Sharing the gospel Block Party (if you’d rather not go door to door) Social Media night (send invites to thePorch and shoot live videos about life change) (1 gospel share using thePorch.info/salvation, 5 invites via text/email/messenger, & 1 porch page share, LIVE video, or phone call) porchBombs - Flyers on car windshields (if there is an event/game in town) Door to Door invites Invites & Lightbulbs Invites & Batteries Invites & Sunglasses Invites & Popsicles Invites & Surveys Invites & Cookies, packets of gum, hot cocoa packs Invites & Ice Scrapers Invites & Easter Eggs or peeps