GIVE BACK acts are days that we skip "going" to church in order to "be" the church! You can expect them to pop on Sunday morning and in Growth Groups. Here are some of the reasons we do this:
1. It’s what Jesus did and would do if He were physically still among us. He would love and serve people in tangible ways.
2. It’s a break for people who devote time “within the walls” to be free to go outside the walls, which is where our bigger focus lies.
3. It’s an introduction to serving, and we heard repeatedly, “I’d like to do this more often, not just on this Sunday.” Bull’s eye!
4. It gives us a chance to practice “with reach.” That is, we can serve alongside non-members and even non-believers, creating community so that people can belong, even before they believe.
5. It’s a bonding time for the people serving together on a project.
6. It’s a way to communicate that “giving” involves more than the offering plate. It also involves our time and talents.
7. It blesses people around us, earning the church a bit of trust for the hearing of the gospel when the door opens.
8. It’s fun. This wasn’t our primary motive, but it was certainly fun!
Guidelines 1. Appoint a leader for the event 2. Plan an event everyone can participate in 3. Keep the participation commitment as low as possible. 4. Keep the cost low 5. Keep it local 6. Keep it on your normal group night
Need ideas for your Growth Groups GIVEBACK ACT?
In Community Coats for folks (November) Chili and hot chocolate and Craft Fair! (November) Nursing Home visits w/Music Chili give away Handing out free hot chocolate Stocking clothes at Agape’s Grace Feeding first responders Picking up trash at schools, stadiums, along highways, and ball parks Or giving away anything door to door (see SHARE options) Cookies, Hotdogs, Water bottles Buying ICEE at BK or Mcdonalds Gas buy down Give back packs for city workers, first responders, or school workers Clean someone's house Provide childcare for free date nights In Church Clean day at thePorch Clean someone's house Training day for porch servers Painting interior Painting exterior Deep cleaning Exterior Remodeling Landscaping Give back packs for porch people